Thia Zizika's Spinach Pie
2lbs Bulgaria Feta.
2-16oz of frozen and/or fresh chopped spinach
1 small onion (fine dice or use grater include juice)
1 fresh bunch of dill
Tsp of white rice
2-3cups Greek olive oil
2lbs of Apolo brand Fillo
*Fight the urge to add pepper.
Preset oven to 350
1. Mix all first six ingredients. Equal amounts spinach to feta. Scramble egg in small bow before adding to the mixture.
2. Prepare deep pan by brushing with olive oil.
3. Eyeball half of fillo sheets for the bottom layer and equal for the top. Keep the fillo happy with plenty of olive oil. Brush each sheet equally so the ends that hang over pan don't dry out. After the first half of fillo is layered with oil add mixture gently on top. Then proceed with top layers, continuing the brushing. When finished with top layer fold corners over each other, like a present. Use the oil for extra 'glue' on the ends.
4. Last brushing of olive oil on top then score the desired size pieces equally with a knife. Make sure NOT to go all the way to the bottom.
5. With love, run hands under water just enough to sprinkle on top before popping into the oven. A normal sized sheet pan takes an hour or until golden brown on top.