Wednesday, July 29, 2009



A jumble of random things include this recipe which my Mom makes for me, an exciting movie and job news. Besides tomorrow being a very exciting day, the first ever Culinary Quiz of a lifetime, "Julie & Julie" will be out next weekend. An advanced planned date with Sam, minus our Chef whites is in order. We will have normal clothes on in the theater finaaaaally and hopefully with popcorn. I'm sure.
As far as the recipe goes, I have these nasty little buggers in my yogurt and granola every morning. Don't think twice about trying them. You will be pleasently surprised.

Stewed Prunes adapted from The Joy Of Cooking

1 lb dried prunes 1 to 1 1/2 cups water 1/4 cup of sugar (Optional) 1/2 sliced lemon (My mom will use the zest of orange/lemon or whatever you have on hand) 1 stick cinnamon and sometimes nutmeg

Combine the water and dried prunes and bring to the boiling point. Reduce the heat and gently simmer, about 20 minutes. Add the sugar and cook for an additional 10 minutes. At this point you can add the lemon, cinnamon, a vanilla bean, whatever you’d like.

In my words: Throw is all into the pot with cold water, always start with cold water. Bring to boil then let simmer for 20, pour into glass container and store in fridge for at least 2-3 weeks.

The job! Okay, thanks to the cupcake craze and Dessert Truck and Treats Truck on the streets of Manhattan, a wonderful lady by the name of Kate of Buttercream decided it was time Philadelphia got in on the action. I am extremely luck to watch this seed grow from an old ice cream truck painted with sprinkles into a full blown business. With wishful thinking and alot of elbow grease I get to watch the show unfold.




No comments:

Post a Comment