Tuesday, December 21, 2010

To all,

As most of you know, I will be an orphan for the Holiday's. For those that don't know the back story, this year my parents pulled a fast one on me and decided to book it to Florida, where there are no Christmas trees. Only palm trees. Not to mention- working Christmas Eve, missing the annual Mass where the adorable second grader sings "Little Drummer Boy" off key and THEN having no Eugene Raisley yapping in my ear kinda leaves one in the dust.
("Alone on Christmas" is a song too, ya know.) Sigh....

So, being that Christmas is the season of perpetual hope, I would like to greatly appreciate from the bottom of my cold coal heart- every friend that has opened up their door to me. So gracious! You all know that I would love nothing more than to spend time with each and everyone of your families. I would also need a time machine. I think this year I just might follow in the footsteps of a 1990's idol. KEVIN! Call me Miss McCallister because this will be me Christmas 2010. Driving shot gun in a taxi and loving life. Now don't get me wrong tho! Smoozing with your Uncle Frank about the President and joining your little cousin's at the kids table for trading Pokemon cards is very high on my hit list. This year I just might be surrounded by a new kind of family. One that begins with egg rolls and ends with steamy pork buns and Green Tea. Catch my drift?

Whatever diner table you end up at I hope you all have yourselves a Merry little Christmas. And always remember, that if Uncle Frank says no, then it must be really bad.

Love,
Your Rebecca and Vincent the Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment